Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This pasta is so easy to make and is a great recipes for the summer. Make sure to use fresh parmesan cheese and not those pre-grated. It makes a big differences.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 ounces olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 ounces pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons capers, rinsed and minced
- 15 ounces black olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon basil, chiffonade
- 1 teaspoon oregano, minced
- 1 teaspoon flat leaf parsley, minced
- 1 lb pasta, any shape
- salt and pepper
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- Combine butter and oil in saute pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and pine nuts reduce heat to low, cook until nuts turns golden.
- Add olives, capers and herbs until heated.
- Cook pasta and drain.
- Add pasta to olive mixture until well incorporated.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese.
loved this dish. I think next time I'll add some marinated artichoke hearts since they pair so well with capers and maybe try kalamata olives instead of regular black olives. Lastely I think I might add a splash (or 3, LOL) of dry white wine to sauce mixture.