Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is not for the diet conscious! This is a great side for chicken or shrimp, and served with steamed broccoli. Sub chicken broth for the wine and bouillon, ir desired.
- 1 lb dry pasta (I like rigatoni)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning (or creole-use your favorite)
- 1 tablespoon sweet smoked paprika
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- In large stockpot, boil water for pasta.
- In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and saute for 2 minutes. Add garlic, saute additional 1 minute.
- Stir chicken bouillon into white wine and add to pan.
- Using a wooden spoon, scrape any brown bits off the bottom of the pan. Let the wine reduce to half – about 3 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook your pasta to the al dente stage.
- Add cajun seasoning, paprika, salt, pepper, and tomato paste to the sauce. Stir.
- Add heavy cream. When the cream mixture is almost bubbling, turn heat to low. Let the crème mixture reduce to half – about 5 minutes.
- Drain the pasta very well – add pasta to the crème sauce.
- Toss with freshly chopped parsley and Parmesan.
Delicious! I used 1c plain full fat yogurt & 1c half & half because I found out too late that I was out of cream! Grr. It worked wonderfully! Be careful using both cajun seasoning & salt - my seasoning mix has salt in it & if I had used both, it would be too salty. Plus I used chicken broth (has salt) and the parm has salt. So I didn't add salt. ;) We loved this & will definitely make it again. Made for ZWT9 for Mike & the Appliance Killers!
Cant go wrong with this recipe, excellent, we loved it, could have this every night! I used linguini as per my husbands preference, but confess that I think a short pasta, penne or similar, would be a better choice. You could add shrimp or bacon or ... lots of stuff -- but it was great as was! Thank you, made for I Recommend tag game.
Love this recipe! I had family over and served this...everyone LOVED it! I used Bowtie pasta and added shrimp at the end. We all like our food spicy, so I added some cayenne pepper, just to heat it up a little! Served with a salad and bread, perfect, quick and easy meal! And leftovers taste just as good!!! *takes a bite*