Pasta With Cabernet Sauce and Sausage
- Add sausage to a deep large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; cook, stirring frequently, breaking the sausage into bite-size pieces.
- Add in the chopped onion; cook/stir for a couple of minutes.
- Add in the chopped bell pepper and garlic; continue to cook, stirring often, until the sausage is no longer pink, about 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat; transfer meat/vegetables to a colander and drain well.
- Return sausage/vegetable mixture back to skillet over high heat; add in wine.
- Add in spaghetti sauce, sugar, and pepper; stir well.
- Bring the mixture to a boil; decrease heat to low, and simmer 5 minutes or until ready to serve.
- Serve over hot, drained, pasta; sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.