Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Here's a simple dish your whole family will enjoy any night of the week.
- 1 lb broccoli (2 large heads)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts
- 1 pinch chili powder
- 28 ounces tomatoes, chopped
- 450 g pasta
- fresh parsley sprig
- Cook broccoli pieces over steaming water, or boil until tender crisp.
- Sauté garlic in oil in a large frying pan until lightly brown.
- Add pine nuts, chilli powder and tomatoes, and simmer over medium heat for ten minutes.
- Stir in the cooked broccoli.
- Keep warm until pasta is cooked.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions, then drain.
- Mix sauce with pasta and serve with fresh parsley.
- Source: Vegetarian Tastes of Toronto p.83.