Recipe by jonesies
Nutmeg and white wine flavor this creamy pasta and vegetable side dish. Serve it with broiled or grilled beef for a hearty meal. Please note: amount is for side dish. Can be double, etc if wanted to make for entree.
Top Review by lortle
I just made this for supper/midnight snack, and I'm really glad I did. It's yummy and didn't take long. Plus, there are leftovers! I added extra onion, threw in some garlic, used olive oil (I don't have nonstick spray) and otherwise followed the recipe. Thanks for sharing it!
- 3 ounces fettuccine, uncooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups broccoli florets
- nonstick spray coating
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook fettuccine according to the package directions, adding the broccoli for the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Drain well, return to pan.
- Meanwhile, spray an unheated large skillet with nonstick spray.
- Preheat over medium-low heat.
- Add onion. Cook, covered, for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl stir together the milk, cornstarch, bouillon granules, pepper and nutmeg.
- Add to onion in skillet.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- Stir in cheese and wine (if desired) until cheese is melted.
- Pour cheese mixture over pasta and broccoli, toss to coat.