Recipe by little_wing
Simple, clean flavors. Add some cooked chicken for a one dish meal.
Top Review by brynnak
Wonderful recipe and exactly what I had been craving! I used only 2 T. of flour because I like a thinner sauce. Used fresh broccoli and omitted the almonds because I didn't have any. Thanks a lot for a great lunch recipe!
- 1 lb shell pasta
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb broccoli floret
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice and zest of, grated
- 1⁄4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- lemon wedge
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta in boiling water for 7-8 minutes.
- Add broccoli and cook another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in skillet and add flour. Mix well and cook for 1 minute.
- Slowly add chicken stock and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add cream, lemon rind and juice, salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta and broccoli and transfer to serving dish.
- Pour sauce over pasta, sprinkle with almonds and garnish with lemon wedges.