Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is one of our favourites, easy to make and using readily available ingredients.
- 300 g pasta
- 450 g fresh broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 cup parsley, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cream
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- First make sauce.
- Place walnuts,breadcrumbs and parsley in a blender and process for 20 seconds, keep motor running and add olive oil to make a slighty textured paste, add cream, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Process once again quickly.
- Cook pasta until al dente.
- While pasta is cooking steam broccoli for 3 minutes, still retaining a little crunch.
- Drain pasta, place in bowl and mix with broccoli, pour sauce over.
This recipe is great for when the apathy hits and you don't want to cook but someone has to do it. This definitely will go in my "almost instant" dinner file.