Recipe by gwenrk
This is something I threw together the other night. The roasted red peppers give this dish a really nice flavor. I think adding some cooked sausage, chicken, or ground turkey would also go well with this and really make it a one-pot supper. the spice measurements here are approximate - I just shake in until I feel like there's enough, so feel free to add/subtract whatever you'd like.
- 2 heads broccoli, cut into florets
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can roasted red peppers, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato basil pasta sauce
- 1⁄2 lb dried short spiral shaped pasta, cooked to al dente
- grated parmesan cheese or romano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a pot big enough to hold all ingredients over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and broccoli and allow to sauté, covered, about 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add tomatoes (scoop out of can with a fork and add about half of the juice, or more if you like) and roasted red peppers.
- Add spices, mixing well.
- Cover, adjust heat if necessary, and allow to cook until broccoli is just tender.
- Add pasta and sauce and stir well.
- Top with cheese.