Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A delicious and tasty pasta dish from a cookbook by Linda Fraser
- 200 g penne pasta
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, roasted
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 25 g butter
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 100 g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 head broccoli, chopped into flowerets
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1 tablespoon basil pesto
- 50 g blue cheese, creamy
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or butter)
- Cook pasta as per instructions on packet.
- Heat first measure of oil and saute garlic. Stir in mushrooms and broccoli and cook until tender.
- Add cream, pesto and blue cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta, add extra olive oil or butter and toasted slivered almonds.
- Stir gently until well combined.
For the most part I made this recipe as given, but did make (what I thought were) 2 small changes ~ Using fresh mushrooms, I didn't add them until the broccoli was about 2/3 done (I really prefer eating them raw, but . . .) & I substituted lemon pepper for the usual S&P! Still, we had a very satisfying pasta dish, a keeper recipe, in fact! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed for one of my groupmates in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #38]
*Made for Australia/NZ Swap #78* made 1/2 recipe which provided 2 meals for the 2 of us. A nice, light, summery dish with fresh veggies and a heavy hand with the pesto. Served with tomatoes and zukes from the garden -- a good pasta dish which will be made often ! Thanks for posting, Kathy.