Recipe by Brisket in Roses
I used to make this a lot during high school. I had a few vegetarian friends (who ate dairy) who always asked me for this.
Top Review by Artichoke gal
Delicious! I needed something in a hurry and wanted a change from my usual pasta with broccoli, garlic, anchovy & crushed red pepper. The blue cheese and broccoli really complement each other, and the whole thing went together in under half an hour. I wouldn't change a thing (except I did use about 5 garlic cloves and only half a pound of pasta). I used cabra azul (blue goat cheese) here in Spain. It was perfect for two as a main course, with a bit left over for lunch tomorrow. I'll be checking out your other recipes soon.
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3⁄4 cup blue cheese, crumbled (all kinds work well)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to directions. Add the broccoli when pasta almost done to partially cook it.
- Heat saucepan and melt butter. Lightly sauté the garlic. Add the drained pasta and broccoli and sauté for about 3-4 minutes, adding more butter if necessary. Add cracked black pepper.
- Transfer to serving bowl and mix in the crumbled blue cheese and grated parmesan cheese.
- Mix well and serve.