Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a nice, different side dish, or even a meatless main dish--and it's quick to make, too.
Make and share this Pasta With Blue Cheese and Walnuts recipe from Food.com.
- 453.59 g bow tie pasta
- 340.19 g can evaporated milk
- 236.59 ml crumbled blue cheese
- 236.59 ml frozen peas, thawed
- 177.44 ml chopped toasted walnuts
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Pour evaporated milk into a large skillet and heat over med-high heat, stirring frequently until hot. Stir in blue cheese and continue to cook, stirring frequently until cheese is partially melted.
- Add pasta, peas, and walnuts to skillet and stir to coat well. Heat through and serve.
DELICIOUS! I must confess, I altered a bit to use what I had on hand, but kept the sauce and integrety I think as you had planned. This one WON over my DH who usually doesn't like blue cheese cream sauces. (YEA!!) I ended up using Conchiglie Rigate (I was out of bow tie, which NEVER happens!). I also decided to use asparagus instead of peas only because I was also making your tarragon pea recipe as a side tonight and wanted a variety. I used gorgonzola cheese and toasted pecans to round it out. Delicious - next time I think I may add some cranberries!! YUMMY! ZWT3. This one goes in my KEEPER recipe book!!