This is a quick and easy to make dinner or lunch recipe perfect for all those week day when you dont have the energy left to cook something big, but want to eat healthy still. This can be made vegan easily by subbing soy or oat cream for the cream.
- Cook pasta in salt water according to package directions until al dente (firm to the bite).
- Meanwhile dice onion and bell pepper and fry in the oil until lightly browned. Add 2-3 tbs of water and cook covered until soft (about 5-10 minutes).
- Add cream and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain pasta and combine with sauce.
- Serve topped with some cheese or just as is.
Very nice. I used a small red onion & 1/2 cream 1/2 sr cream. Made & reviewed (late) for Veggie Swap 13. Thanks for sahring, Lalaloula.
Very good dinner, we really enjoyed this. Noting another reviewers choice of tortellini, I thought, yum, and also used cheese filled tortellini. I used green pepper, added some sliced mushrooms, a little garlic powder and a greenpepper/onion stockcube. Quickly prepared and really good, this was a big success, thank you Lalaloula! Made for I Recommend tag game
Yummy pasta sauce! I used yellow peppers and cheese filled tortellini pasta. I also made the sour cream version of the sauce. Made for Veg 'N Swap tag!