Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
(From "The Daily Bean") This should be made in the summer only. The flavors of the fresh basil and fresh-picked corn cannot be duplicated with the winter replacements you find in the grocery stores.
- 6 ears fresh corn
- 12 ounces ww pasta (original recipe called for orecchitte pasta, but i sub ww pasta. i have used fusilli, but elbows or)
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans, drained and rinsed (or cannellini beans)
- 2 cups fresh basil (extra for garnish)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (may be reduced)
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- Cut the kernels off the uncooked cobs and set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions for al dente.
- Add the corn kernels to the pot for the last 30 seconds. Drain pasta.
- and corn in a colander and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the beans, basil, salt, olive oil, vinegar and peppers and gently toss
- until blended.
- This can be served warm or at room temperature. Sprinkle with additional
- fresh chopped basil for an extra color and flavor splash.
Wow, what a great way to appreciate the sweetness of summer corn and my favorite herb, basil. I confess to adding an avocado and some red onion but otherwise followed the recipe. Loved this meal-in-a-bowl.