Pasta With Basil and Tomato
- Prepare and assemble all ingredients before you start cooking as this recipe moves very fast.
- Cook linguini in a large pot of salted water until tender. Drain; rinse with hot water, drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet until hot; add onion and garlic, reduce heat slightly; stir and cook until onion is translucent.
- Add tomatoes; increase heat to bubble away much of the juices from the tomatoes; cook about 3 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper and the vinegar; add the drained linguini; toss well; add basil; toss again for 1 minute. Serve at once on hot plates, topped with extra pepper and cheese if desired.