Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A healthy approach to pasta, this dish is simple, delicious, healthy and easy to make, what more can you ask for?
- 3⁄4-1 lb linguine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 3 roma tomatoes, seeded, roughly chopped
- 3 ripe tomatoes, seeded roughly chopped
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaf, chopped
- extra craked pepper (optional)
- grated parmesan cheese (optional) or asiago cheese (optional)
- Prepare and assemble all ingredients before you start cooking as this recipe moves very fast.
- Cook linguini in a large pot of salted water until tender. Drain; rinse with hot water, drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet until hot; add onion and garlic, reduce heat slightly; stir and cook until onion is translucent.
- Add tomatoes; increase heat to bubble away much of the juices from the tomatoes; cook about 3 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper and the vinegar; add the drained linguini; toss well; add basil; toss again for 1 minute. Serve at once on hot plates, topped with extra pepper and cheese if desired.
Yummy! Family raves!
This is indeed simple and delicious. I served it with parmesan crusted chicken. Next time, I may use bigger tomatoes and/or use a little less pasta (I used about 3/4 lb of thin spaghetti) because I had JUST enough sauce to coat the pasta, but it tasted just great. Thanks!