Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I've seen this recipe on River Cottage once, and decided to try it out when faced with a quick visit from a friend.
- 2 (250 g) packets camembert cheese (of the variety sold in wooden boxes, such as Cour de Lion)
- 1 (250 g) package Baby Spinach (may be frozen or fresh)
- 1 (100 g) packet pine nuts
- 2 heads garlic
- 2 (500 g) packets tagliatelle pasta noodles
- olive oil
- Make a grid of cuts on the top surface of the cheese going into the interior.
- Clean the garlic cloves of the outer skin.
- Place the garlic and the cheese (still in its box) on a frying pan, and bake for app. 30 minutes at medium to high heat (app. 180°C).
- While the cheese and the garlic bakes, cook the pasta, drain, and sprinkle with olive oil.
- Sweat the spinach in a pan.
- Crush the baked garlic cloves and mix them into the spinach.
- Pour the melted cheese over the pasta (use the boxes to manipulate), then crush the skins and mix into the pasta as well.
- Add the spinach and the garlic, mix well.
- When serving, sprinkle with fresh ground pepper and add pine seeds.