Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I saw this on Better Homes & Gardens TV show, then in a magazine. It's become a family favorite - so light and yet so tasty! The "sauce" freezes well and reheats easily.
- In a large frypan, fry the bacon, then set aside.
- Melt butter in the same pan and then cook the onions until they have caramelised.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic and thyme/herbs and the bacon again and reduce the heat to low.
- Cook your pasta and then, using tongs or a spathetti spoon, add it to the pan with the bacon mixture in it. Do not drain as the liquid will help moisten the whole.
- Serve with the cheese crumbled over the top.
This was a nice light tasty dinner my whole family enjoyed. I did use the sharp cheddar crumbles and added extra bacon and garlic. Thanks for the recipe!
Simply delicious. I had been given a mushroom called Puff Ball, so I used it in this dish. I had never had this kind of mushroom and I found it got lost in this recipe. Too mild to stand up to the onion/bacon. I will use a portabella next time. Made for PAC Fall '07. :)
SO GOOD! This made a wonderful light late night supper. Very easy with ingredients we had on hand and everyone loved it. I used Spinach Tagliatelle pasta and it was also nice and colorful! Thank you for posting. PAC-Fall07