1/1 Photo of Pasta With Bacon, Mushroom & Caramelised Onions
I saw this on Better Homes & Gardens TV show, then in a magazine. It's become a family favorite - so light and yet so tasty! The "sauce" freezes well and reheats easily.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large frypan, fry the bacon, then set aside.
- 2Melt butter in the same pan and then cook the onions until they have caramelised.
- 3Add the mushrooms, garlic and thyme/herbs and the bacon again and reduce the heat to low.
- 4Cook your pasta and then, using tongs or a spathetti spoon, add it to the pan with the bacon mixture in it. Do not drain as the liquid will help moisten the whole.
- 5Serve with the cheese crumbled over the top.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Bacon, Mushroom & Caramelised Onions
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 323.1
- Calories from Fat 255
- Total Fat 28.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 42.5 mg
- Sodium 525.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 9.6 g