Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A nice simple supper.
- 1 (16 ounce) package bow tie pasta
- 1 lb thick cut bacon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp.
- Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Drain drippings but do not clean pan.
- In same pan over medium heat, heat olive oil 1 minute.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add spinach, wine and reserved cooking water.
- Cook and stir until heated through.
- Toss pasta and cheese with sauce.
- Season with pepper to taste.
- Crumble bacon over pasta.
Thanks for a good recipe Kim. It was fast and tasty as you promised it to be. I reckon some toasted pine nuts would just finish it off-they go so well with spinach and bacon. It's also the first time I ever bought frozen spinach-normally I would blanch and chop my own. How convenient is that stuff for this kind of dish?!
I actually made this with brown rice shell pasta (GF) and added a can of diced tomatoes. Instead of White Wine I used cooking sherry (what I had on hand) and we used Feta chesse. We will definitely be making this again.
This was ok, not great. Made it for company as written, but got lukewarm reviews (which I agree with). Will look for another recipe.