Recipe by Kim127
A nice simple supper.
Top Review by JustJanS
Thanks for a good recipe Kim. It was fast and tasty as you promised it to be. I reckon some toasted pine nuts would just finish it off-they go so well with spinach and bacon. It's also the first time I ever bought frozen spinach-normally I would blanch and chop my own. How convenient is that stuff for this kind of dish?!
- 1 (16 ounce) package bow tie pasta
- 1 lb thick cut bacon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp.
- Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Drain drippings but do not clean pan.
- In same pan over medium heat, heat olive oil 1 minute.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add spinach, wine and reserved cooking water.
- Cook and stir until heated through.
- Toss pasta and cheese with sauce.
- Season with pepper to taste.
- Crumble bacon over pasta.