Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A little bit of a different twist for pesto. This is actually quite low in fat and calories!!
Make and share this Pasta with Avocado Pesto recipe from Food.com.
- 16 ounces pasta (any kind will do)
- 2 large avocados, peeled and pitted
- 3 cloves garlic (or more)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup packed cilantro
- 1 large tomatoes, peeled and chopped fine
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, to taste
- Cook pasta until al dente.
- Combine avocado, garlic, lemon juice and cilantro in a food processor.
- Process about 1 minute or until smooth.
- Stir in chopped tomatoes.
- Drain pasta and pour pesto over it tossing well.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
I didn't like the taste of the pesto at first, but when a ton of parmesan cheese on it, it definitly grew on me by the end. I had to add an extra avocado because it was way too lemony and the cilatro was way too strong at first. Perhaps my avocado's were too small to start.
Yummy Yummy This was great. I didn't have fresh herbs, so substituted with ground coriander. Really easy to make, I added diced cooked chicken also
Yummy !! I did it a bit differently but the essential flavour & idea ( which is what I'm rating ) stayed the same . I mashed up the avodado and cilantro with a mortar and pestle, didn't have the tomato or parmesan and instead of pasta I spooned the pesto over chunks of steamed sweet potato . Delicious - it just didn't seem of pasta consistency , but it was great how I had it . Thanks for an unusual , easy and yummy recipe ! <3, the NOOBchef.