Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is a really refreshing pasta and so easy to do
- 240 g dried linguine
- 1 small avocado
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 80 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons roasted sliced almonds, kept hot
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, which should be picked rather than chopped
- Cook the pasta as per packet instructions until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking peel and chop the avocado flesh into chunks and squeeze over half of the lemon juice.
- Add ginger to 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, which will allow the ginger to spread through the hot pasta.
- Drain and toss hot pasta with ginger oil and then quickly add the hot almonds the remaining olive oil and the chopped avocado and coriander.
- Squeeze the remaining lemon juice over the top, season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.