Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From a magazine
- 400 g pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 large avocados
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons cream
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water for 10-15 minutes, drain While pasta is cooking, peel and stone avocados, mash, do not puree.
- Mix in lemon juice, season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in pan, add crushed garlic then avocado mixture, heat without boiling; stir in cream.
- Pour over hot pasta.
- Serve sprinkled with the parmesan cheese.
This was VERY good. I would definitely recommend this to other people. I think my wife had 3 helpings, and she's not a big eater. I did go with more garlic. The only thing I would do different is maybe cut down on the lemon a very little bit, and I did add a bit of salt, but I think that's just a personal thing. Again, this was delicious, thank you.
I used more garlic (3-4 cloves) and added a cored, seeded, chopped tomato to the avocado mixture prior to cooking. I also used 2% milk. This recipe was very easy and had an excellent, mild flavor.
I have to give this full marks too for a quick-n-easy supper. I came home hungry and with little in my fridge and just a few minutes later I was chowing down on some filling pasta. I went with three cloves of garlic and used fettucini pasta. I think if I were serving it to guests I would want to dress it up a bit, perhaps with some fresh herbs sprinkled on top or some chopped, lightly sautéed tomatoes, but as a throw-together meal it's great.