Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Vegetarian Times.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup leek, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and coarsely chopped
- 12 ounces dried corkscrew macaroni or 12 ounces penne pasta
- 1⁄2 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- fresh ground pepper
- 4 ounces soft fresh goat cheese, cut into small pieces
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Meanwhile in large skillet, heat oil and saute leeks, stirring often, about 3 minutes or until softened.
- Add garlic, thyme, wine and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Cook 1 minute, then remove from heat and set aside.
- Add pasta to the pot of boiling water, and cook according to package directions.
- About 2 minutes before pasta is done, add asparagus and cook just until tender. Drain pasta and asparagus and transfer to shallow serving bowl.
- Reheat sauce and add to pasta, tossing to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper and add goat cheese. Serve hot.
This pasta dish was really quite nice... just the thing for our leftover asparagus! I was a bit worried that the "sauce" would be too dry but once the Goat cheese was mixed in it was fine. Some red pepper flakes could be added to give it a bit more pizazz.