Hey Jude's Note:
The eggs make sort of an 'instant sauce' when placed on top of the pasta and asparagus. A quick, easy dinner for two from the Chicago Tribune's Good Eating section.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat a large saucepan of salted water to a boil; add the asparagus and cook just until bright green but not quite tender, about 1 minute.
- 2Transfer asparagus with a slotted spoon to a towel and pat dry; add the pasta to the water and cook according to package directions.
- 3Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil until hot but not smoking in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add the asparagus and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, about 2-7 minutes; transfer the asparagus and oil to a large bowl.
- 4Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of the oil to the skillet over medium-high heat; crack the eggs into the skillet and cook, without turning, just until the whites are barely firm and the yolks are still runny, about 2-3 minutes.
- 5Drain the pasta; add pasta to the asparagus; add salt and pepper to taste and toss to coat; divide the mixture between 2 plates and place 1 egg on top of each; sprinkle with cheese and/or bread crumbs.
- 6As you cut into the egg and gently stir the mixture, it will coat the pasta and asparagus.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Asparagus and Fried Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (418 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 785.0
- Calories from Fat 307
- Total Fat 34.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 211.5 mg
- Sodium 108.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 26.6 g