1/2 Photos of Pasta With Asparagus
I love asparagus, and this is another lovely way to enjoy it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb fresh asparagus spear
- 1 (12 ounce) package fettuccine
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, scraped and sliced
- 1 cup half and half cream (I use fat free half and half to reduce calories)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons dried basil (if using fresh, increase by half)
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated (not the kind in a shake on can!)
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- additional parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1Snap off the tough ends of the asparagus. Cut asparagus diagonally into 1 inch pieces; set aside.
- 2Cook fettucine according to package directions. Drain well, and set aside.
- 3Saute onion and garlic in melted butter in a large skillet over medium heat for 3 minutes. Add the asparagus, mushrooms, and carrot. Saute 7 minutes.
- 4Add half and half, chicken broth, and basil; cook over high heat 5 minutes or until the liquid is reduced by about 1/3. Stir in green and red pepper; cook 3 minutes.
- 5Add reserved fettucine, 1 cup Parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture is thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese if desired. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Asparagus
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 525.5
- Calories from Fat 248
- Total Fat 27.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.1 g
- Cholesterol 117.5 mg
- Sodium 501.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 19.8 g