Recipe by Malriah
Another nifty way to eat fresh asparagus. Don't you also get so tired of hollandaise sauce sometimes? I mean, come on, there HAS to be other great ways to eat this yummy green veggie. I got this recipe from foodtv.com and have made it several times.
Top Review by Charlotte J
This is a keeper. But I will have to watch how much red pepper and Tabasco sauce I put in for my family. They thought it was a bit hot, I thought it was just right. So if this is too hot for you remember B&B's tip...drink milk...it really works.
- 1⁄2 lb cooked elbow macaroni
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 2 -3 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, cook garlic, red pepper flakes and hot pepper sauce in heated oil AND butter for 2-3 minutes.
- Add asparagus,salt and pepper.
- Saute until asparagus is tender, but is still crisp (8 minutes?).
- Add parmesan cheese and mix well.
- Pour over hot pasta and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.