This recipe is so simple and great with shrimp added.
Make and share this Pasta With Asparagus recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb bow tie pasta
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 2 -3 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 lb raw shrimp (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Boil water for pasta. Cook as you are preparing the garlic/asparagus sauce.
- In a skillet, cook garlic, pepper flakes, and hot sauce in heated oil and butter for 2-3 minutes. Add asparagus, salt and pepper and saute until asparagus is crisp tender, about 8 minutes. If you want to add about a half pound fresh shrimp, now is the time and saute it with the asparagus. Add chicken broth and freshly grated parmesan or romano cheese and mix well. Pour over hot pasta and toss to coat. Serve immediately.