Recipe by KelBel
A Cal-Organic Farms Recipes. This is a simple pesto that is made special by the arugula. Stuff into tomatoes and broil for a real treat (minus the pasta, of course).
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups arugula, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup basil, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 lb pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine walnuts, garlic, arugula and basil in a blender. Whirl them just until they are coarsely chopped.
- While machine is running, add olive oil in a thin stream. Transfer pesto to a bowl. Stir in Parmesan cheese, salt and cayenne.
- Bring salted waater to a boil in a large pot. Add pasta and cook until just tender, drain and return to empty pot.
- Toss with pesto, adding a tablespoon or two of water if necessary. transfer to serving bowl, garnish with Parmesan cheese.