Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
A very easy and very simple Italian dish. This requires fresh artichokes. I got this recipe from a lady who's supposed to be the best pasta maker here. So thought of sharing with you all.
Ingredients for 2 people
- 150 g pasta
- 3 artichokes (outer leaves removed and inner side cleaned)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (cut into very small pieces)
- parsley (well minced)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (grated)
- 75 ml white wine
- 2 teaspoons butter
- salt and pepper, as needed
- Boil water for pasta.
- Keep the pan on fire, add olive oil, garlic and after 40 seconds, add the artichokes and stir for about 2 minutes.
- Add the parsley; stir well.
- Add the wine, salt and pepper; cover and allow to cook for a further 5 minutes on very low heat so that the artichokes soften.
- After 5 minutes, the wine should be absorbed. Add a little water and cover for a further 3 minutes. After that, test if the artichokes are soft. If so, switch off the fire; keep warm.
- When water boils add salt and pasta; cook. Drain out the water when cooked.
- Add the drained pasta to the artichoke. Add the butter and cheese; mix well and serve.