Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe off an Aidells Artichoke & Garlic Chicken Sausage package, and I'm putting it here for safe keeping. *I'm terrible about keeping track of those little recipe tags from packages!* This can be dairy free! I tweak w/ soy butter and add the parm cheese at the table in individual bowls because of allergy boy ;) This sausage is very good, and I love that it's all natural. It's Pre-Cooked, so Edit the time if you use a different sausage. You can go to www.aidells.com to locate a store near you that sells this sausage.
- 1 lb angel hair pasta or 1 lb spaghettini pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 links artichoke and garlic sausage, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 cup artichoke heart, drained and quartered, not the marinated kind
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 3⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water until al dente.
- Toss with 1 T of olive oil and set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 T of olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the sausage and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes, until it begins to brown.
- Stir in garlic, artichoke hearts, & hot pepper flakes & cook another 30 seconds.
- Stir in the white wine, bring to boil and turn down to a simmer.
- Cook until reduced by half.
- Stir in the chicken stock, and let it reduce slightly.
- Stir in butter.
- Toss in the cooked pasta & Parmesan.
- Season with Salt & Pepper, to taste.
- Serve Immediately.
Made this dish last night and got lots of raves from the family. Really easy and the only thing I added was sliced fresh asparagus and chopped parsley. Great for non-dairy diets, my son cannot have any dairy products. Will make this again...!!!