Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I haven't tried this, yet. Tell me what you think.
Make and share this Pasta With Almond-Pea Pesto recipe from Food.com.
- coarse salt
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen peas, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup blanched almond
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Cook pasta in large pot until al dente, adding 1 package of peas during last minute of cooking time.
- Reserve 1 cup pasta water.
- Drain pasta/peas mixture and return to pot.
- In a food processor, finely grind almonds. Add lemon zest and juice, remaining package of peas, and 1.5 teaspoons salt.
- Process until well-combined.
- Gradually add oil, process until smooth.
- Add almond-pea pesto to pasta, toss to coat, adding reserved pasta water as needed.
- Season with salt and pepper.