Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Super delicious!! Easy, filling pasta dish that I came up with after looking at another recipe that took way too long and had too many steps! I also made it more "diet friendly".
- 1 (16 ounce) package rigatoni pasta or 1 (16 ounce) package penne pasta
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 0.5 (12 ounce) package turkey bacon, thinly sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Spray a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, bacon, and italian sausage. Stir to break up sausage. Continue cooking and stirring until sausage is browned and onions are translucent.
- Add zucchini and chicken broth. Bring to a boil and simmer 2-3 minutes to cook zucchini.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and basil. Stir to incorporate. Simmer for 5 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Add evaporated milk and parmesan. Stir and cook until Parmesan is melted.
Really great! YUM!!! I used more sausage....next time I would cut down on the bacon, it was a little salty for me. However, I never use salt...so salty to me is probably normal for someone else. To make it lower in fat I used Evaporated Skim Milk and it was still rich and delicious! A definite regular for me! OH....and I served it over Tortellini. Thanks for a great recipe!
This recipe was great! My daughter is severely allergic to milk, so we used soy milk and no cheese, but this was still great. I made minor adjustments (more sausage, less bacon, a little less garlic), and it was still outstanding! Easy to make. Next time, I'll double the recipe and freeze some for later.