1/3 Photos of Pasta With a Lot of Mussel
From Rachael Ray.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- coarse salt
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lb chorizo sausage, cut in half lengthwise, then sliced into half-moons
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave, chopped
- coarse black pepper
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes (Muir Glen brand)
- 1 lb mussels, scrubbed
- 1/2 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- crusty bread
- 1Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add salt, then add the pasta; cook al dente per package directions.
- 2While the pasta is cooking, heat a large deep skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat with the olive oil.
- 3Add in the chorizo; cook for 2 minutes; add in the onions, garlic, celery, carrots, and thyme; season with salt and pepper.
- 4Cook for 5 minutes; then add in the wine and tomatoes; bring to a bubble/simmer.
- 5Add in the mussels and cover with the tight-fitting lid or some aluminum foil; cook 4-6 minutes or until the mussels open.
- 6Discard any unopened shells; using a slotted spoon and transfer the mussels to a bowl and cover with foil to keep warm.
- 7Add the drained cooked pasta and parsley to the skillet with the chorizo and tomatoes; toss to coat in the sauce; cook for 1 minute.
- 8Divide the pasta among 4 serving plates; top each bowl of pasta with a portion of the mussels.
- 9Serve immediately with the crusty bread.
Browse Our Top Mussels Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mussels Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With a Lot of Mussel
Serving Size: 1 (412 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 907.7
- Calories from Fat 295
- Total Fat 32.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 81.7 mg
- Sodium 1055.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 96.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 42.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
diced fire-roasted tomatoes