Prep 30 mins
Cook 14 mins
From Rachael Ray.
Make and share this Pasta With a Lot of Mussel recipe from Food.com.
- coarse salt
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb chorizo sausage, cut in half lengthwise, then sliced into half-moons
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave, chopped
- coarse black pepper
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes (Muir Glen brand)
- 1 lb mussels, scrubbed
- 1⁄2 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- crusty bread
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add salt, then add the pasta; cook al dente per package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a large deep skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat with the olive oil.
- Add in the chorizo; cook for 2 minutes; add in the onions, garlic, celery, carrots, and thyme; season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 5 minutes; then add in the wine and tomatoes; bring to a bubble/simmer.
- Add in the mussels and cover with the tight-fitting lid or some aluminum foil; cook 4-6 minutes or until the mussels open.
- Discard any unopened shells; using a slotted spoon and transfer the mussels to a bowl and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add the drained cooked pasta and parsley to the skillet with the chorizo and tomatoes; toss to coat in the sauce; cook for 1 minute.
- Divide the pasta among 4 serving plates; top each bowl of pasta with a portion of the mussels.
- Serve immediately with the crusty bread.
TOTALLY divine if you love moules as we do, you must try this! This was a superb pasta dish. I had made moules frites the day before, so I put some moules aside for this recipe.......then all I had to do was make the sauce, boil the pasta - I used fettucini - and heat up the moules in the pasta water - et voila! Made for the Seafood Photo Event in the Photos Forum August 2008 - and ON my list to make again already! Merci - FT:-)