Recipe by Tina Jean
This is a vegetarian meal. The Original recipe called for 1 lb. kidney beans, but I never used them. If you'd like to, they get added with the soy sauce.
- 1⁄3 lb pasta
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil or 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package.
- Sauté onions, garlic, and green pepper in oil 4-5 minutes or until soft.
- Stir in soy sauce, salt, chili powder, and black pepper.
- Simmer for several minutes.
- Drain pasta when done and stir in sauce.
- Serve as is or you may add tofu or cottage cheese to make a lasagna dish.