Recipe by T. Washoi
When you find left-over edamame beans after your keg parties, just try this hybrid pasta recipe with edamame, tofu and miso sauce. The miso paste here, white one is better for brighter color of sauce and you can use one package of instant miso soup paste. It depends upon your miso tolerance, so when you don't often eat miso paste, you should try smaller amount of miso at first. When you are a vegan, you can use soy milk for another soy kid in this recipe. For richer taste of the sauce, pinches of powdered soup stock such as fish dashi, consomme, chicken soup stock would be nice to your taste.
- 100 g edamame
- 300 g soft tofu, 1 package
- 1 tablespoon miso
- 1 cup milk
- 200 g pasta
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Start boiling water and cook pasta as instructed.
- Put the ingredients, 2/3 tofu, edamame, miso, 1/2 cups milk, together into a blender and process until smooth. It is good if you set aside some beans for decoration.
- Dice the rest of tofu.
- Heat the sauce with 1/2 cups milk. You may add more milk to taste
- Put diced tofu in the pasta pan 4 min before pasta is cooked, and boil the tofu for 3 minute.
- Garnish the diced tofu and beans and pour the sauce on pasta.