Recipe by Ms B.
I have adopted this recipe and not yet tried it. The original chef states: "One of my favorite and unusual pasta recipes. I made this years ago and hadn't thought of it until today because my DH requested a high carb meal as he is running a marathon tomorrow. This is great as either a main dish or as a side dish. From the Colorado Cache Cookbook."
- 1 (12 ounce) package egg noodles (I have also used linguine with great success)
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the noodles, (or linguine) until al dente.
- Drain well.
- Mix heavy cream and sour cream, add to noodles with salt and pepper and 2 tablespoons of the butter.
- Cover and keep warm.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of butter in a small pan.
- Saute the garlic for 3 minutes, being careful not to let it brown.
- Remove from heat, stir in chopped walnuts, Parmesan and chicken broth.
- Toss with the noodles.
- Serve immediately.