Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
You can enjoy this one hot or cold as a pasta salad...
Make and share this Pasta W/ Pesto Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled, tails-off, deveined, rinsed
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) box whole wheat fusilli (cork screw pasta)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup prepared pesto sauce
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups fresh tomatoes, halved (cherry or grape tomatoes)
- 1 bunch fresh Baby Spinach (pre-bagged or bulk)
- sea salt
- garlic salt
- Season shrimp with salt/pepper/garlic salt and set aside.
- Bring a large stock pot to a boil. Salt generously. Add pasta and cook for 6-8 minutes. Drain and rinse with warm water. Set aside.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet to med-high heat with 1 tbsp of oil. Add shrimp in a single layer and sear for 2-3 minutes on each side until shrimp turn a light pink and curl slightly. Remove from pan.
- To hot pan add remaining olive oil. Once oil is hot, add onions. Saute until tender.
- Add white wine and lemon juice, scraping the bottom of pan with back of spoon.
- Add pesto and stir until smooth.
- Replace shrimp and pasta to pan and heat through.
- Remove from heat and add tomatoes and fresh spinach tossing lightly until everything is coated with the sauce.
- Serve with some crusty garlic toast and enjoy!
This was divine~! Easy and quick to prepare,ready for a hungry family and they LOVED it~!