Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a simple, basic pasta recipe.
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 (28 ounce) cans tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, plus more to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme, plus more to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, plus more to taste
- black pepper
- 1 lb pasta, of choice
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and saute for about 5 minutes, until softened.
- Add the tomatoes with their juices to the pan.
- Add the salt, basil, thyme, oregano, and pepper.
- Cook, covered, for 10 minutes. Uncover, stir, and cook, uncovered, for another 20 to 25 minutes, until flavors have blended.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water according to the package directions.
- Toss with the sauce and serve immediately.