Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A companion to my Chicken Italiano, this is also a good side dish on its own. A family favorite for over 25 years!
- 1 lb spinach fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup sliced black olives
- 4 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- parmesan cheese
- Bring 2 quarts of water to boil with a tablespoon each of salt and oil.
- Drop in the noodles and boil, uncovered over high heat, until they are al dente.
- Drain and rinse with warm water to keep them from sticking together.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan.
- Add the sliced olives and cook over low heat a minute or two.
- Add the pasta and toss with two forks.
- In a small bowl, beat together the egg yolks, cream, and nutmeg.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and pour this mixture over the pasta.
- Toss again to coat.
- The sauce should be creamy and the eggs should not solidify.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.