Recipe by MarraMamba
I found this on Deborah Mele's italian food site, i have had this before in Cortona and it is delicious. If you can't find smoked pancetta then use proscuitto or something that gives a smoky flavor.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 2 garlic cloves, Minced
- 6 ounces smoked pancetta, cut into 1 inch long thin sticks
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh basil
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lb dry pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy saucepan, heat the oil and add the pancetta. Cook until the pancetta is lightly brown and beginning to crisp. Add the onions, and cook until the onions are soft and translucent.
- Add the zucchini and cook until tender crisp. Next add the garlic and cook only until it begins to sizzle. Add the tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper and cook for ten minutes.
- Add the cream and mix well. Keep the sauce warm over low heat.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water until it is al dente. Drain, and toss the pasta with the sauce and fresh parsley.