Recipe by Charlotte J
Try this for your Fourth of July picnic.
Top Review by Diplo-mom
I love this salad as a quick "go-to" for picnics and potlucks. No mayo makes travel easier and everyone who tries it likes it lots! This is a very forgiving recipe. Sometimes I use feta as the cheese, sometimes replace or add sun dried tomatoes with/instead of the roasted red pepper, sometimes add chopped pepperocini, and usually just add some of the oil from the marinated artichoke hearts along with some red wine vinegar and lots of freshly ground pepper instead of using prepared dressing. Always yummy! Thanks so much for a keeper! Oh, my daughter "doesn't like pasta salad" but loves this heated up as a pasta dish.
- 12 ounces fusilli or 12 ounces penne or 12 ounces bow tie pasta, uncooked
- 1 (6 ounce) canblack pitted ripe olives, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained, cut into strips
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup diced provolone cheese (4 ounces) or 1 cup mozzarella cheese (4 ounces)
- 1 cup diced salami (4 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup light caesar salad dressing (or Italian salad dressing) or 1⁄2 cup regular caesar salad dressing (or Italian salad dressing)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced basil or 1⁄4 cup chopped Italian parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Drain pasta and add to bowl, tossing well.
- Serve at room temperature or chill up to 24 hours before serving.
- Serve with freshly ground black pepper, if desired.