Recipe by yogi
This is from a Moosewood cookbook. VERY delicious and full of veggies, so you feel good about eating it.
Top Review by Marlene.
This was a VERY tasty dish , I did everything as written with the exception of adding mushrooms. If you're a mushroom lover, they'd make a great addition , I'm sure! Easy to make and like I said, very tasty. I was a TINY disappointed in the way it came out after adding the *white sauce* if you want to call it that. In the pan, right before that point, it looked SO colorful and so healthy. I might make this again and leave the white sauce out completely! ;) Thanks for submitting!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dry basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh marjoram or 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 pinch oregano
- salt & pepper
- 2⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 lb cooked pasta
- 1 cup diced tomato
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté onion, garlic& carrots in oil till onion is translucent.
- Add peppers, mushrooms, zucchini, all herbs, and salt& pepper to taste and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in wine, cover, and cook about 10 minutes until veggies are tender.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan and whisk in flour.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes then add milk gradually.
- Stir constantly.
- Cook till thickened; set aside.
- Add tomatoes to veggies and cook 2 minutes.
- Add the butter/flour mix.
- Serve over pasta.