Recipe by TattooedMamaof2
Another delicious recipe from Eating Well. If you have cooked or canned chicken on hand, you can substitute it for the tuna. I've also made this without pureeing, and just mixing it all together, still very good.
- 1 (6 ounce) can light chunk tuna in water, drained
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, rinsed and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed, coarsely chopped if large
- 2 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed and peeled
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 6 ounces whole wheat penne or 6 ounces rigatoni pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- Put a large pot of lightly salted water on to boil.
- Combine tuna, 1/3 cup red peppers, onion (or scallions) and capers in a large bowl.
- Combine yogurt, basil, oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper and the remaining 1/3 cup red peppers in a blender or food processor. Puree until smooth.
- Cook pasta until just tender, 10 to 14 minutes or according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water. Add to the tuna mixture along with the red pepper sauce; toss to coat.