Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My fiancée was inspired by a recipe here at Zaar, but he changed it to a bake and our liking.
- 500 g pasta
- 2 fresh bell peppers
- 1 red onion
- 1 (180 g) can tuna
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 beef tomatoes
- 200 g grated cheddar cheese
- 1 pinch pepper
- Cook pasta al dente.
- Heat oven to 250°C.
- Deseed bell peppers.
- Cut into mouth sized pieces.
- Quarter tomatoes.
- Cut red onion into rough pieces.
- Drain tuna.
- Mix together olive oil, vinegar and pepper.
- On baking tray place half of pasta.
- Top it with 1/3 of the onions, peppers and tomatoes.
- Layer with the other half of pasta.
- Add rest of tomatoes, onions and peppers.
- Layer with tuna.
- Sprinkle marinade on top.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake in oven until cheese is melted.
I was looking for a very simple meal for the family and came across this (for which I happened to have all the ingredients). Unfortunately it didn't have much flavor other than balsamic vinegar. The kids couldn't stomach it, neither could DH. Won't make it again.