Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the local paper. Very good for a quick summertime lunch.
- 1⁄3 cup small shell pasta (acini pepe, alphabets, orzo)
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onions
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped of fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Place a pot filled with 3 to 4 quarts water on to boil.
- When water is boiling, add pasta and cook 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wash and stem tomatoes.
- Cut in half lengthwise.
- Take a small slice off the bottom of each tomato half so that it will sit up straight.
- With a serrated knife, cut around inside edges and remove pulp and seeds, leaving the shell intact.
- Chop pulp in food processor or by hand.
- Measure 1 cup of processed tomato and place in bowl or return to bowl of food processor if using one.
- Add onion, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain pasta and mix with sauce.
- Add mint and parmesan.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Spoon stuffing into 4 tomato halves and place on serving platter.