Recipe by Foxxyladyone
Two great tastes in one easy dish! Make extra and freeze before baking; you've got another meal without any more work!
- 30 jumbo pasta shells, uncooked
- 3 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 medium zucchini, grated
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 cup seasoned Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄2 ounces pepperoni, torn into small pieces
- 1 large egg white
- 3 cups low-sodium tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, preheat oven to 450º F.
- Toss the zucchini with the garlic powder and put it into a colander.
- Let it sit 5 minutes and then squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
- In a large bowl, mix zucchini mixture with bread crumbs, pepperoni and egg white, stirring well.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the ingredients for the sauce.
- When pasta is done, drain well.
- Rinse with cold water and drain again.
- Stuff the shells with the filling mixture and arrange them in a 9x13x2-inch pan.
- Spoon the sauce over pasta and sprinkle with the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Bake uncovered 15 to 20 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- TIP: 13 Manicotti shells may be substituted for the jumbo shells.