Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Pasta Sprinkle is a blend of sweet basil, Turkish oregano, thyme and garlic. You can buy it from Penzey's Spices. You usu. use it on red sauce dishes. It also tastes great on chicken. Very simple recipe. Prep. time does not include marinating.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon herbs (Pasta Sprinkle from Penzey's)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix oil, vinegar, Pasta Sprinkle, garlic powder and salt together and pour over chicken. Marinate in refrigerator overnight and grill or bake in oven.
- If using oven, bake at 375° for 45 minute for bone in chicken and 20-30 for boneless.
- Serve with a pasta salad tossed with corn and tomatoes and a little more Pasta Sprinkle.
This was fantastic! I do think I would cut down on the salt just a hair though...my balsamic may have been a little salty though. I let them sit 24 hours and then grilled the chicken. I sliced it and served it over a tossed greens and veggie salad. Absolutely delicious! I think I will making this whenever I grill to have on hand.
This was a really lite dinner! I made the pasta salad and served that on the side. The only difference with that is the broccoli, but it had the tomato and corn. The chicken was baked, as stated, but I sliced it when it was done and laid it on a fresh bed of romain lettuce, baby carrots, slivered gouda cheese and grated parmesan. What a great dinner! Thank you so much, WI!