Recipe by AZRT
quick, light vegetarian stovetop meal.
Top Review by vrvrvr
Delicious! Feeds more than 4 people, too. I used a 15 ounce can of diced tomatoes for this, and next time I would use two cans. Needed a bit more liquid (this time I just poured in some chicken stock.) Everyone eating this enjoyed, and said the chickpeas are super filling. They are a great source of fiber and protein. Win!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups hot cooked angel hair pasta (about 6 ounces uncooked pasta)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, drained (garbanzo beans)
- 1⁄2 cup grated asiago cheese
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- basil sprig (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tomato and garlic, and sauté 2 minutes. Add pasta, basil, salt, pepper, and chickpeas; cook 2 minutes. Place mixture in a bowl; stir in cheese and vinegar, and garnish with basil, if desired.