Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe in the Food Network Magazine. Quick, Easy and Tasty. Just as good reheated, so, great for lunches.
- 2 cups ziti pasta, uncooked
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (14 ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook pasta as directed on package; drain. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in 10 inch skillet, cook ground beef over medium-high, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Stir in pasta sauce and water. Reduce heat to medium, simmer uncovered 5 minutes.
- Stir in cooked pasta.
- In small bowl, mix sour cream and cheese. Spoon over pasta mixture. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 6 to 8 minutes, or until thoroughly heated.
This recipe is so simple but the taste is unbelievable. So yummy. Even if it's jar pasta sauce. I used a 4 cheese pasta sauce. I used penne pasta. I wasn't too sure about the sour cream and cheese mixed together. But I did it and was surprised by the taste. It was really good. Thanks Pink :) Made for 123 hit wonders
So easy to make, and delicious! I did add a bit of garlic, (can't help myself), and used some mozzarella and cheddar mixed. Also, I increased the amount of the meat to satisfy a teenage boy! I didn't add salt while cooking the pasta, so I found I needed to add it to the finished dish in the skillet. Great quick and easy recipe....and you are right....leftovers are great! Made for Newest Zaar Tag.
Pretty good and quick to fix. Made at the last minute for an unplanned meal. Thanks for the recipe!