From a Publix supermarket card which credits the T-factor diet by Martin Katahn, Ph.D. I haven't tried this yet...it was just wasting away in my recipe box.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon reduced-calorie margarine
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese, part skim
- 8 ounces small shrimp, shelled, deveined, sliced lengthwise
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, completely thawed
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 -3 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 cup low-fat monterey jack cheese, shredded, 1 oz
- 12 ounces linguine
- 1Saute garlic and red pepper flakes in hot margarine in a 10" nonstick skillet for 2 minutes or until garlic is golden.
- 2Whisk in milk and ricotta until smooth.
- 3Add shrimp, peas, parsley, salt, nutmeg and Tabasco sauce.
- 4Cook over medium-low heat 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- 5Stir in cheese.
- 6Meanwhile cook linguine in a large pot of boiling water following package directions.
- 7Drain and rinse quickly in hot water and transfer to a large bowl.
- 8Top pasta with the hot shrimp sauce and toss well to coat.
- 9Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta & Shrimp With Ricotta Cheese Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (606 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1062.0
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 201.4 mg
- Sodium 1589.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 155.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.1 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 62.4 g