Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From a Publix supermarket card which credits the T-factor diet by Martin Katahn, Ph.D. I haven't tried this yet...it was just wasting away in my recipe box.
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon reduced-calorie margarine
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 3⁄4 cup ricotta cheese, part skim
- 8 ounces small shrimp, shelled, deveined, sliced lengthwise
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, completely thawed
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 -3 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat monterey jack cheese, shredded, 1 oz
- 12 ounces linguine
- Saute garlic and red pepper flakes in hot margarine in a 10" nonstick skillet for 2 minutes or until garlic is golden.
- Whisk in milk and ricotta until smooth.
- Add shrimp, peas, parsley, salt, nutmeg and Tabasco sauce.
- Cook over medium-low heat 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Stir in cheese.
- Meanwhile cook linguine in a large pot of boiling water following package directions.
- Drain and rinse quickly in hot water and transfer to a large bowl.
- Top pasta with the hot shrimp sauce and toss well to coat.
- Serve immediately.
this recipe was terrible. don't let the mixture simmer. it curdles. yuck.