Prep 0 mins
Cook 3 mins
Vegaphobes won’t know that this mac and cheese harbors a can of carrots. Shhh. The casserole has three recipe variations for adventurous eaters – Pasta Florentine adds some garlic, spinach and Parmesan cheese; there’s a hint of spicy brown mustard in the Ham and Cheese variation; and Shrimp Parmesan is enhanced with a can of baby shrimp and the scent of extra-virgin olive oil. *This recipe is part of 1 recipe 4 ways. It includes the Tasty Mixed-Up Mac and Cheese recipe
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄3 cup canned pasta sauce
- 2 ounces canned baby shrimp, drained
- 3 cups hot mac and cheese (from Tasty Mixed-Up Mac and Cheese recipe)
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded imported Parmesan cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a small skillet over medium-heat. Add the garlic and cook until aromatic, about 10 seconds. Add the pasta sauce and shrimp, and heat through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir into 2 portions, or approximately 3 cups, of hot mac and cheese along with the Parmesan cheese and serve.
- Nutrition Information Per Serving: Calories 520; Total fat 21g; Saturated fat 8g; Cholesterol 135mg; Sodium 840mg; Carbohydrate 59g; Fiber 4g; Protein 25g; Vitamin A 130%DV*; Vitamin C 6%DV; Calcium 35%DV; Iron 20%DV.
- * Daily Value.